We each have this one life to live.How well we live it is what matters.
What’s your measure of a life well lived?
Ours is living consciously. When we live consciously we see through clear eyes, relate with an open heart, and we choose wisely. We choose who to connect with, how to behave, what we value, the work we do, and the contributions we make.
To this end, we gather together twice each year in beautiful locations around the world for a Live Conscious retreat. These special events are limited to 20 people each and are for people serious about making changes in their lives.
What You Can Expect At a LIVE CONSCIOUS Retreat
Our retreats are designed to inspire you to live consciously, to wake yourself up and make the most of your life. If you’re looking to live fully—freeing yourself from previous limitations, unfulfilling relationships or lack of purpose—a Live Conscious retreat will provide you with a supportive community, innovative tools, and a practical roadmap for living with gusto and without regrets. During the retreats we live in community, continuously practicing ways to be more conscious. We are awake and fully alive when we are eating, speaking, dancing, meditating and relating with one each other.
Here’s what some of our past participants have said about their retreat experiences:
Each time I go to a Live Conscious retreat I grow. I gain some maturity, some wisdom, and some grace. I also reconnect more fully with myself and what it is that I truly value. An unexpected bonus for me has been that each time I attend one of these retreats, I fall even more deeply in love with my partner, myself, and my life.K.B—Santa Fe
During the retreat, a paradigm shift occurs that is unique to this practice. You will never quite see the world in the same way again. You will learn a practice where every time you speak you bring yourself to the present moment and re-center yourself. During the retreat you will be anonymous, which can be a delightful and liberating experience. And throughout the retreat no one will tell you about you or give you unwanted feedback—so you have the space to gain a much fuller sense of yourself. If you come with your partner, you stand a good chance of falling in love again.
- We use mindfulness practices to open our hearts and connect with our senses.
- We learn to love ourselves and others with ease.
- We take the next step in our process of individuating.
- We discover deeper meaning in our lives.
- We connect with ourselves in nourishing ways.
- We stop arguing about who’s right and wrong.
- We develop new ways to unstick ourselves when we feel stuck.
- We stop being so concerned about how other people see us.
- We free ourselves from anxiety about the future and regrets about the past.
- We celebrate our differences and become more accepting of others.
Reconnect With Yourself
A week away from your busy life allows you time to reflect, recalibrate and reconnect. This is made easier because you will be well cared for and nurtured, eat healthy food and have time to catch up with yourself.
- Each day begins with a sensory awareness meditation to get you centered and present, followed by a daily mini-lecture that presents the underlying thinking behind Live Conscious.
- Experiential exercises, ranging from playful to profound, allow you to reconnect with yourself in new and healthier ways. Movement and music provide integration from mind to body.
- You will have 3 consecutive hours of quiet personal time each day, and during our longer retreats, you will have 2 half-days for rest or excursions.
- You will enjoy healthy gourmet cuisine shared with a community of people whose very presence will enrich your retreat experience.
- You will return home refreshed, re-invigorated and renewed in mind, body and spirit.
- You will have a practice you can use—every time you speak—to re-center yourself and reconnect with other people in a respectful and mature way.
- You will have a new community to support you and help you integrate this practice into your life.
Limited To 20 Participants
Each one of these retreats is limited to 20 participants because we want to maintain the ideal balance between diversity and intimacy. Just enough different kinds of people to be interesting, but not so many that anyone gets lost.
Every year we look for a small number of people to fill the limited spaces we have available in our retreats. About half, or more, of the spaces are always taken by people who have previously come to a Live Conscious retreat. Some participants come back year after year because they get so much out of being on retreat, and other people come back because they want to be part of this community. But for each retreat we reserve some spaces for new people.
If it feels right to you, and you think you want one of those spaces, we invite you to complete a Personal Information Form so that we can get to know you. We want to know you better. We want to know what’s holding you back from living your life the way you would like to. And what would you be doing differently if you weren’t held back?
Learn About Our Summer Retreat
July 9th – 15th, 2018
At the Ocamora Retreat Center, a 265 acre compound nestled in a beautiful valley in the Sangre de Cristo foothills of northeastern New Mexico.
Learn About Our Winter Retreat On The Beach
February 2nd – 9th, 2019
At the environmentally-conscious resort Playa Viva in Mexico, where you can also enjoy the ocean, spa treatments and outdoor adventures.
“I’m becoming a different ‘me’ as a result of this experience. I’ll keep the relationships I formed with people at the Live Conscious retreat. I’ll stop victimizing myself. I’ll establish much better relationships with my children. I will model this new way of talking so that I am a better partner and parent the rest of my life.”
– P.T. (Colorado)