What I Love Most Today

This page is a place for you to share what you love most today.

The people we know who have been doing this tell us that this simple act is one of the most powerful and rewarding practices they have done. If when we wake in the morning, we set an intention to notice the things we love most today, we are refocusing our attention—our consciousness—in a way that helps open our hearts and foster appreciation and gratitude.

Read the comments below to see some of the things people love most today. When you discover what you most love—and want to share the experience with others—please post on this page.

If you're considering attending one of our retreats, click the link below to fill out the Personal Information Form. After we review it we'll get back to you with any additional questions or comments we may have.

Personal Information Form

13 Responses to What I Love Most Today

1. S. Katharine Rivers February 25, 2018 at 10:03 am #

I’ve been doing this experiment since January 1, 2018 with two of my closest friends. Each evening we write each other love letters about what we loved most in each day. Here are some of my most loved moments in recent days:

What a day here in Mexico! Sunrise and moon set on the beach, baby turtles, long walks in the cool ocean waves, a 90 minute massage, a dip in the pool and then some fabulous food.

Really sweet day, and I loved releasing the baby turtles best. When that last little baby gets out into the waves, I love myself intensely, passionately and with such gratitude to be graced with the miracle of being alive.

What I really loved about today is how much I appreciate being a Canadian. A woman and I on the subway had a really sweet moment–having to negotiate space in a crowded car and we were polite and kind and made eye contact and smiled at each other and we let our smiles linger. I love this country.

2. Hannah Eagle February 25, 2018 at 1:09 pm #

The thing I loved the most today was (at our cat Maow’s insistence) begrudgingly getting up too early this morning. Maow maow maow maow maow!! Then discovered he’d gotten me up in time to witness the most beautiful sunrise I ever remember seeing. Stratocumulus clouds filled the sky, which were lit up in brilliant florescent oranges and pinks. In just moments colors faded to an ordinary morning sky. I was thrilled to be alive and grateful for being awake for that brilliant moment.

3. Hannah Eagle February 25, 2018 at 1:14 pm #

We had a sweet afternoon together. Went for a hike we had never finished before, up in the cattle country above Kamuela. We’d been told of a swimming hole, over the ridge but never gotten that far until today. Oh wow. A smooth lava bed arroyo with swimming holes in it full of water. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Too late in the day to take a dip but next time…. I loved our trek through what looks like the Scottish Isles. Trails padded with lush green grass, rocks here and there.

As for what I loved the most? My valentine. I love this man of mine to the moon.

4. Canton February 26, 2018 at 9:45 am #

I love the ease and peace and gentle beauty of today. I had a restful weekend, and I’m helping myself to feel fresh and full of opportunity and vitality this Monday morning. Last night I was going through my photo library, and saw that last year around this time, we were as likely to be buried under 18 inches of snow as to have sunshine. But this whole February, skies have been preternaturally clear and bright, wide open.

I see everything around me as pure and full of prospect. I am full of thanksgiving. Thank you world! Thank you life!

5. S. Katharine Rivers February 26, 2018 at 10:44 am #

So what I have loved most about today so far–is being alive today! I woke to more snow and the whole world was sparkly and I had a lovely love filled meditation and then a long walk. I think my walk was my favourite –I love walking, listening to music, noticing things I’ve not seen before, appreciating my body and the sun and the snow and the light and the trees in their winter starkness.

I also really love waking up to your emails–I read them first thing–so every morning you are my first human contact and that is almost as good as being with you. 🙂

• Judy/Loser February 26, 2018 at 4:11 pm #

What I am loving most: Yesterday I watched a crow try to put something in the fork of a branch. It wouldn’t stay. The crow finally flew away with that something still in his beak. I loved that crow and filled myself. This morning it rained. Walked home just now and the air is so so clear, crisp, beautiful. I love and am grateful for such clearness, beauty, such sweet breathing.

I just spent 3 hrs with my longest time friend (since 4th grade). I love her, and me being with her. I am so grateful and so love how deeply we still laugh together, and happy ourselves fully, openly to be together.

I spoke with my 98 year old father last night of watching for what I most love during the day, and he shared he is most grateful for the time we are spending together. I too am so very very fortunate and grateful for the time I spend with him, and the things I learn from being around him.

6. Amber Harris March 1, 2018 at 8:23 am #

What I loved most today was locking eyes with the doe. She was laying in the road with her long legs tucked under her in the middle of a lane. I worried myself she was injured or in shock. I worried myself about her getting hit and killed. I pulled my car around and parked ahead of her so my headlights would not shine directly in her eyes. As I slowly walked toward her I realized I had no real plan other than to slowly approach her using a calm voice. As i walked toward her I said in a low soft voice “Hi there sweetie, how are you, are you okay?”, Her head turned toward me and her ears flicked. For a moment our eyes met. I moved myself in that moment. Then she stood up suddenly and bounded away into the field.” I saw the white of her tail and back legs as she sprung away. As I slowly got back into the car, I washed myself in joy and sadness and relief. I was listening to a CD by Pema Chodron talking about the concept of Lungta or wind horse.
    It described the unlimited energy of basic goodness, buddhanature, inherent wakefulness. I moved myself through the combination of contemplating my basic goodness. Then, surprise, I met a doe.

7. Rebekkah Alexander March 2, 2018 at 8:38 am #

Although the day is young, what I love most today is marveling myself with the experience of being alive — in all the minuscule ways and the magnificent ways. I love the fullness of experiences from seeing with my eyes and breathing with my lungs to witnessing the majesty of mountains and opulence of oceans. I be gratitude.

8. Jake Eagle March 2, 2018 at 9:06 pm #

What I love most today is the deliciousness I sucked out of my day. From “working” with a client (and I need to find a new word, it is not work at all), to going to my favorite beach in the world, playing in the water with my favorite person in the world—Hannah—and all the while noticing how special ordinary things can be when i take the time to notice. The color of the water, the sensation of swimming, the sound of Hannah’s laugh, the naturally made image we discovered in a tree trunk, the lush green pu’u (hills) above the town we drove through. Noticing, all day long, noticing one beautiful thing after another.

9. S. Katharine Rivers March 2, 2018 at 9:17 pm #

Today what I loved most was realizing that each day now my “mission” is to find what I love the most. I spend my entire day looking to love. What a delightful way to spend my days, to live my life. Imagine if we all did this? What will that world look like? I love you both.

• Judy/Loser March 3, 2018 at 3:00 pm #

What I am loving most is the newness and beauty I am finding in the ordinary – in the gorgeous flower bed, the street I know well and is always beautiful and this time the street just sang out loud to me, the quietness, peacefulness, and love i feel while sitting with my father as he sleeps in his chair, the rain the clouds and sun sometimes all at once, being able to move across to the other side of the bed where the sheet feels cool and the blanket cozy when I awake during the night.

10. Rebekkah Alexander March 9, 2018 at 9:22 am #

I love learning . . .I love feeling the renewal and excitement of possibilities with learning. Since I began this simple practice of noticing what I love most, I am growing myself in joy and appreciation more and more. My days fill with experiences of loving the simplest of life’s gifts that are before my very eyes. . .little things that I would otherwise not notice. What I love most today is being able to pass what I learn on to others —friends, people I work with . . . and also people I meet throughout the day. I love sharing this practice of noticing what I love most with others.

11. Judy/Loser March 13, 2018 at 6:19 pm #

Today what I loved most was going into the computer store, and talking with a wonderful man about why my computer won’t transfer to my new computer. I’ve had no stress over this computer process, in fact have enjoyed following the directions and doing as directed. And I totally
    loved this man in the store and his store. Eventually I will take my computer to him, how great.

And I am signed up for medicare! – well, I have a few i’s to dot and a couple of t’s to cross and that will be done tomorrow. Oh the joys of aging! I am 2 weeks ahead of my intended date to get signed up. Again, I talked with a wonderful woman who was a wealth of information and I love her. I am piercingly happy, felt so awake walking outside immediately afterwards.

What an incredibly wonderful day. And so beautiful – a bit cold, warm sun, clear clear.