From 2005 to 2010 we provided our students with Continuing Education credit through the New Mexico Therapy and Practice Board. From 2010 through April of 2015 we provided our students with Continuing Education credit through the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC). As of May 1, 2015 we are no longer providing this service.
If you are interested in attending one of our programs and hope to receive Continuing Education credits our suggestion is to print this page and submit it to your local licensing authority. In some cases they will allow you to use our course for Continuing Education. We recommend you include a letter explaining how this course will contribute to your professional development.
What follows is a brief explanation of the material covered in 6-day and 8-day retreats. We have listed the number of hours that were previously approved by NBCC for Continuing Education, which does not include all hours, only those related to professional development.
Receive 32.5 hours of continuing education in our 6-day retreats.
- Understand how language influences the ways we make meaning.
- Learn the “Percept Formation” model originally created by John Weir, PhD
- Learn the six linguistic rules of Perception Language.
- Recognize the difference between the language of the primitive brain centers and the language of the middle pre-frontal cortex.
- Learn to use language to regulate the autonomic nervous system.
- Learn how to use language to stay in the present moment.
- Learn the 5 A’s model for human growth.
Receive 38 hours of continuing education in our 8-day retreats. The items below are in addition to what is offered in our 6-day course.
- Explore the ten-stage model of human development originally created by John Weir, PhD, based on the primary research of Freud, Maslow, Jung, Leary-Wilson, Kohlberg and Gilligan.
- Understand the 4 limiting core patters that come from early childhood.
- Write a coherent personal narrative that reflects each stage of development.